Upcoming Magellan Healthcare #bhXPERT Twitter Chats
The Magellan Healthcare #bhXPERT Twitter chat series provides a forum for industry thought leaders and anyone interested in behavioral health to discuss current topics and share knowledge to raise awareness, advance progress and reduce stigma. It takes place on the second Thursday of each month at 3:00 p.m. Eastern and lasts a half an hour.
December topic: Adapting to a “new normal” this holiday season
Special guest: Shareh Ghani, MD, Magellan Healthcare medical director
As the COVID-19 pandemic rages on, we’re now faced with celebrating the holidays differently than we ever have before. Although it’s called the “new normal,” nothing about social distancing and avoiding social gatherings with friends and family during the holidays may feel normal.
Join us for this Twitter chat as we discuss how to navigate an unprecedented holiday season.
You can also explore a wealth of resources on holiday emotional wellness during COVID-19 here.
Guiding our discussion will be the following questions:
- When we’re regularly confronted with conflicting information, how do you think families should overcome uncertainty and make decisions about how to celebrate the holidays this year?
- How do you think individuals can cope with loneliness and isolation during a time traditionally known for bringing people and families together?
- How do you think individuals can overcome a sense of loss – of loved ones, financial security and a sense of “normal” – and carry on with the holidays this year?
- What do you think are good ways to handle disagreements among friends or family members about how the holidays should be celebrated this year?
- How do you think individuals should put this holiday season in perspective, understanding if and how the “new normal” will affect future holiday seasons?
How to participate
Joining the Magellan Healthcare #bhXPERT Twitter chat each month is easy:
- Log in to your Twitter account on the second Thursday of the month at 3:00 p.m. Eastern.
- Search for the hashtag #bhXPERT in the Twitter search bar.
- Click on the “Latest” tab to follow along with the hashtag stream/Twitter chat.
- Post a tweet to introduce yourself (first names only) and post tweets throughout the Twitter chat to provide insights on the questions we ask.
- Scroll up and down occasionally to refresh the feed.
- Use the hashtag #bhXPERT in all of your tweets to ensure they show up in the feed.
- We’ll introduce new questions with Q1, Q2, etc. At the beginning of your answers, please put “A” followed by the question number, e.g., A1, A2, etc.
Check out #bhXPERT Twitter chat FAQs here for more information.
Plan for upcoming events
- Mark your calendar for the second Thursday of each month from 3:00-3:30 PM Eastern.
- Follow @MagellanHC on Twitter for the latest on our Twitter chat events, information on relevant health topics and other important updates from Magellan Healthcare.
Get the most out of the discussion by following these guidelines:
- Even if you’re just following along, please say hi so we know you’re there.
- It’s okay if you’re late – please feel free to jump in at any time.
- Please don’t promote a business or product.
- Please spread the word about the Magellan Healthcare #bhXPERT Twitter chat series and retweet as much as possible.
- Remember to always be respectful of different perspectives and opinions, as we discuss many complex issues.
- Magellan Healthcare #bhXPERT is for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for speaking with a doctor. Please do not tweet any personal information, identifying information or health information about yourself or others. Please click here for Magellan contact information.
- If you’re in an emergency situation, you should do one of the following:
- Call 911
- Go directly to an emergency room
- Call your doctor or therapist for help
- During the Twitter chat, we will introduce discussion questions with Q1, Q2, etc. At the beginning of your answers, please put “A” followed by the question number, e.g. A1, A2, etc.
- Please remember to use #bhXPERT in all replies so we can see them in the feed.