Magellan offers employers an innovative EAP with a variety of clinical services and technologies to help employees and their families meet daily challenges and manage difficult situations. We deliver a fresh approach that enhances employee wellness, reduces stress and increases productivity.
An EAP for today – and tomorrow
With 50 years experience supporting clients around the globe, we don’t follow the path, we blaze the trail.
50% of our staff have clinical designations and our nationwide network of counselors grows larger every day.
We continuously expand our services and deliver technologies to meet the needs of today’s lifestyle.
We provide compassionate care for your staff
“I was fortunate to benefit from coaching during a recent life transition. The coaching was instrumental in bringing clarity to my situation and helped me find great peace where I could not find it before. With her help, I was able to move forward with happiness and joyful anticipation of the great things that are ahead for me and my family.”
The ABCs of EAP
The short answer is yes. Employees expect their employers to support mental health as strongly as physical health and offer policies, programs and an environment that is mental-health friendly. It is well known that mental health challenges are a growing concern for employers worldwide and according to the 2018 SHRM Employee Benefits research report, 78 percent of surveyed employers offered an EAP.
- In the United States, approximately one in five adults (almost 45 million) has a mental disorder.¹
- Depression alone is expected to cost the American economy $210 billion annually, with 50 percent of that cost shouldered by employers.
- These costs are probably underestimated because roughly four in 10 adults with mental health disorders do not seek treatment.³
- Employers have a unique opportunity to improve the mental health of the 157 million working U.S. adults who spend more time working than any other activity apart from sleeping.
1 National Institute of Mental Health. (2017). Mental Illness Statistics. Retrieved from https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/statistics/mental-illness.shtml
2 Kessler, R. C. (2012). The Costs of Depression. Psychiatric Clinics of North America, 35(1), 1-14. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psc.2011.11.005. Retrieved from http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0193953X11001134
3 SAMHSA. (2016). Reports and Detailed Tables From the 2016 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH). Retrieved from https://www.samhsa.gov/data/nsduh/reports-detailedtables-2016-NSDUH
- With fifty year’s experience in EAP, we understand that every client has different needs. We will work with you to gain a deep understanding of your culture, demographics, benefits vendors and communication channels and use this information to deliver a plan design and communications tailored to your organization.
- We will provide confidential assistance to your staff and their family members 24/7/365 at no cost to them.
- From help with daily tasks to working on more complex issues, our EAP will provide coaching, counseling, self-care apps, manager support, critical incident response, child and elder care resources, legal, financial and identity theft programs and a variety of services to help members with the ups and downs on the journey of life.
The Magellan Difference
Whether you are new to an EAP or looking for a change, we provide solutions to meet the needs of your organization today – and tomorrow.
- Magellan’s EAP core plan design includes a comprehensive package of services, tools and resources designed to help your staff and their household members grow to meet daily challenges and get assistance for more difficult situations.
- With an average client retention rate of 93% the Magellan team is experienced, professional and dedicated to exceeding client expectations.
- Our Account Managers build strong client relationships by listening to client needs and acting on them. Our longtime clients, many who have been with us for over 20 years, are a testament to our excellent service.
- We educate, engage and empower your managers and employees to take advantage of the broad array of services available to help them in their everyday lives and to ensure your organizational needs are being met both now and in the future.
Now is the best time to be with Magellan!