Magellan Healthcare’s solution for physical and behavioral healthcare integration
Magellan in the News
Our new program extends Collaborative Care Model training to more healthcare professionals. Read the press release.
We're increasing access to screening and enabling medical providers to ID and treat BH conditions at scale. Read the press release.
Magellan Healthcare’s Collaborative Care product, powered by NeuroFlow, integrates physical and behavioral healthcare in the primary care setting, empowering PCPs with technology and clinical support to identify and address low to moderate BH conditions before they escalate. Embedding BH treatment in primary care facilitates whole-person care, increases access and can reduce total cost of care by $3,365 per member over four years.
How it works
- Patient registry, cloud-based and fully integrated with electronic health records and workflows, facilitates member enrollment and real-time collaboration among the team.
- Magellan licensed care managers provide monthly, direct support to enrolled members through brief, evidence-based behavioral interventions and identification of resources, and work with PCPs, psychiatric consultants and members on care plans.
- Magellan psychiatric consultants review cases in the registry and make diagnostic and treatment recommendations.
- Member app helps build skills toward improved mental health and includes:
- Validated assessments for initial screening and check-ins.
- Patient journals and activities connected to registry for remote monitoring and risk stratification.
- Continued support to patients after graduating from the program.
- Analytics proactively identify potential enrollees, flag escalating risk and enable attribution.
- Increases BH condition identification with remote, automated assessment
- Improves behavioral and physical health clinical measures
- Decreases unnecessary utilization of emergency department
- Optimizes medication usage and adherence
- Increases adherence to treatment plans
- Improves member and provider satisfaction
- Reduces long-term health complications
- Receive BH screening and treatment in primary care settings
- Get directed to appropriate levels of care for BH conditions
- Feel comfortable that all their needs are being addressed
- Improve satisfaction with their providers and health plans
- Know that treatment updates are shared with all care providers
- Enjoy coordinated care for physical and behavioral health concerns
- Can easily screen for and manage BH issues and get reimbursed
- Are trained and supported by care managers and psychiatric consultants
- Spend more time with patients on meaningful treatment and interventions
- Increase practice efficiency and effectiveness
- Improve behavioral and physical health clinical metrics
- Increase adherence to treatment plans and medications
- Expand revenue opportunities
Jurgen Unutzer, MD, MPH; Wayne J. Katon, MD; Ming-Yu Fan, PhD; Michael C. Schoenbaum, PhD; Elizabeth H. B. Lin, MD, MPH; Richard D. Della Penna, MD; and Diane Powers, MA. Long-Term Cost Effects of Collaborative Care for Late-Life Depression, American Journal of Managed Care Vol. 14, No.2, February 18, 2008.