In 2020, the U.S. spent $348 billion on prescription drugs. Without the right solutions, these costs are projected to rise 63% by 2030.
Combat this increase with Magellan Healthcare’s inforMED. Through academic detailing, our specialty-trained pharmacists work with providers to understand prescribing trends and consult on best practices, resulting in lower costs and better outcomes.
- Pharmacy spend with a 2:1 ROI
- BH Rx spend up to 25%
- Gaps in care up to 40%
- Atypical antipsychotic spend up to 10%
How it works
- Evidence-based algorithms—Advanced algorithms process pharmacy, medical and lab claims to analyze prescribing patterns and stratify interventions.
- Personalized clinical outreach—Residency-trained, board-certified specialty pharmacists educate providers and assist them with clinically appropriate prescribing and managing adherence.
- Comprehensive outcomes reporting—Dedicated analytics team provides expert insights into activity tracking, prescribing patterns, and medical and pharmacy savings.
Health Plan Benefits
- Improved member care and satisfaction
- Closed care gaps
- Higher quality scores
- Increased provider satisfaction and performance
- Reduced cost of care
- Specialized support in delivering evidence-based care
- Increased knowledge of medications and effectiveness
- Help understanding medication needs for complex conditions
- Improved patient adherence and satisfaction
- Lowered risk when treating comorbid conditions