Emotional Health for Kids by Mightier
Magellan in the News
Our pilot program has proven to help children and families thrive. Read the white paper.
We're improving children's mental health with video games. Read the press release.
Helping children become stronger than their emotions
Every child faces emotional difficulties and acts up from time to time. It’s part of growing up. But sometimes strong emotions like anxiety and anger can persist, becoming more and disrupting family life. For kids with diagnosed intellectual or developmental disabilities or behavior conditions, this is especially true. Families often struggle to find and access validated treatment programs that can help the child with self-regulation.
When children are struggling with their emotions and families are scrambling to find the right treatment for them, they may utilize inappropriate services or overuse services that are not clinically sound, evidence-based treatments. Family members of these children may also seek services to learn how to cope. These dynamics can quickly and dramatically increase the total cost of care.
A Solution for Child Self-Regulation
Magellan Healthcare’s Emotional Health for Kids by Mightier is an innovative, proven solution to help your members and their families build thriving lives and resilient minds.
Mightier is a clinically proven biofeedback game that helps children who are experiencing anxiety, anger, irritability or other symptoms commonly found in those with:
- Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD)
- Attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
Children build emotion regulation skills through play, and caregivers get help in building emotionally healthy homes.
- Innovative digital approach—Mightier provides a fun, structured approach for children ages 6 to 14 to gain confidence, build resilience and learn emotional regulation skills, improving behavior in 87% of users.
- Caregiver support—Caregivers have access to a coach, resources and a parent community. This support, coupled with the child’s behavior improvements, helps reduce caregiver stress by 19%.
- Improved clinical outcomes—Families report a 62% reduction in child outbursts and a 40% reduction in oppositional behavior after 12 weeks.
- Enterprise reporting—Your Magellan account manager will provide aggregate reports on total enrollments, child engagement and improvement rates, and caregiver satisfaction.