For October and throughout the year, Magellan is committed to increasing awareness about depression, mental health more broadly, and the importance of mental health screening in primary care settings and beyond, through our community outreach and innovative behavioral health member and provider services. We encourage you to use the free resources and information on this page and share with family, friends and colleagues.
Magellan also recognizes the following health awareness observances in October:
- ADHD Awareness Month
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Bullying Prevention Month
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- National Dental Hygiene Month
- National Sudden Infant Death Syndrome Awareness Month
- Mental Illness Awareness Week (Oct. 3-9)
- OCD Awareness Week (Oct. 10-16)
- World Mental Health Day (Oct. 10)
Depression is more than just a rough patch.
Depression is a serious but treatable disorder. It is a biological, medical condition. It is not caused by personal weakness and is not a character defect.
2021 National Depression and Mental Health Awareness and Screening Month Events
Magellan Healthcare Programs and Services
Explore our customizable behavioral health solutions for government and commercial health plan partners to provide better, more affordable care for adults, children and their families.