The need for integrated behavioral healthcare in America has never been greater. The fast pace of our lives today, combined with 24/7 news, a global pandemic, and civil and political unrest, has many of us near the breaking point. At Magellan Healthcare, we recognize the unique challenges of the 21st century. We’ve been helping people through decades of change, leading the way in providing innovative, impactful behavioral healthcare solutions, and are uniquely poised to guide you and your members through the next 50 years.
Behavioral Health: At the Core of Healthy, Vibrant Lives
Magellan’s mission is to help individuals live healthy, vibrant lives. Our whole-health approach to behavioral healthcare allows us to do precisely that, improving member health outcomes and reducing healthcare costs.
Our pioneering approach:
- Addresses all aspects of wellness along an individual’s journey
- Emphasizes prevention and early identification through primary care integration and high-touch + high-tech solutions
- Provides self-help resources and other early interventions to reduce the need for higher levels of care
- Combines behavioral health clinical expertise with advanced data analytics and technologies
- Offers a network with over 118,000 credentialed providers and health professionals
- Delivers results that positively impact care, outcomes and cost
Magellan deploys an integrated approach to identifying at-risk individuals early and proactively, offering advanced clinical solutions for complex populations, providing a high-performing network with access and availability, and innovating through self-service tools and resources.
Through enhanced coordination of care, integrated technology and advanced clinical expertise, Magellan helps individuals lead healthier lives and provides ongoing value for health plans.
How we do it
Building on our legacy of innovation, cost-saving and clinical excellence, Magellan has built an entirely new system through which we can impact the lives of individuals. Leveraging unmatched expertise and proprietary technology, we build bespoke behavioral health solutions for health plans that include:
- Predictive modeling and multi-model stratification identifying undertreated individuals who are more likely to admit and intervene early to change the trajectory of the disease course and reducing the disease burden
- Multi-dimensional engagement and interactions through digital tools that are personalized and tailored to the individual needs of each patient
- Organized behavioral health delivery system for enhanced access that simplifies the member and provider experience and demonstrates improved quality and cost outcomes
- Integrated physical and behavioral collaborative care with joint rounds, medical and behavioral care gap closures and co-located case management
- Guided identification and treatment within the medical delivery system by finding patients while they are in the primary care environment and referring individuals to evidence-based behavioral health resources
Our proactive, care-focused solutions have been shown to significantly reduce costs. One 1.4 million member health plan client saved $41 million over four years, reducing spend by 12%.