Magellan Healthcare Stay Home for MY LIFE virtual youth fest
June 24, 2021, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. ET
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Magellan Healthcare launched the Stay Home for MY LIFE virtual youth fest series, featuring inspirational speakers, uplifting entertainment, fun activities and more, for youth and young adults who have experience with mental health, substance use, juvenile justice and foster-care-related issues, as well as professionals and caregivers across the country. Access previous event recordings
Mark your calendar and register for Stay Home for MY LIFE virtual youth fest events on the 4th Thursday of each month, at the same time!
Programs and services for children
In partnership with states and other governmental agencies, Magellan manages innovative programs that serve children and youth with complex behavioral health needs, helping them to live at home successfully, achieve in school, enter adulthood and stay out of costly and restrictive inpatient care. Our individualized services and caring approach give families the support they need to live happier, healthier, more independent lives.
The right care today for a healthier tomorrow
Discover our programs and services dedicated to the improved behavioral health for children and youth.
Qualified Evaluator Network (QEN)
Since 2001, the state of Florida and the Department of Children and Families have relied on Magellan to manage a QEN, ensuring children receive high-quality care in the appropriate setting. Through the program, Magellan provides:
- Suitability assessments of dependent children being considered for placement into psychiatric residential care
- Follow-up assessments when children are placed in psychiatric residential care
- A statewide network of qualified evaluators who coordinate each step in the assessment and referral process
Magellan’s focus on the right care in the right place has made a significant impact.
Magellan coordinates care for youth in treatment facilities, their homes or other community settings through Wraparound programs, such as the Coordinated System of Care (CSOC) in Louisiana and High-Fidelity Wraparound (HFWA) in Wyoming. Magellan’s Wraparound professionals work with families to:
- Build support teams and develop individualized care plans
- Monitor implementation of care plans to ensure goals are achieved
- Provide guidance and support throughout the Wraparound process
Our compassionate approach involves families, caregivers and community partners to ensure the best outcomes for the youth participants, and reduce costs.
Total Medicaid costs for youth in Magellan’s 2020 HFWA program were 75% less than for those who remained in psychiatric residential treatment facilities.2
Other children’s programs
Our innovative programs go the extra mile to meet the special needs of children and youth with complex behavioral health issues through life-changing support today that is making a lasting difference for tomorrow.
- Peer support services connect families with community-based resources and offer guidance for guardians when a child resides in or is referred to residential treatment.
- The Transition to Independence Process model prepares transition-age youth (14-26) with emotional and/or behavioral challenges for successful lives as adults. Through the program, young adult employment has increased, on average, from 35% to 45%.3
- The Magellan Youth Leaders Inspiring Future Empowerment (MY LIFE) program provides a healthy outlet for youth who have experience with mental health, substance abuse, juvenile justice or foster care-related issues to create positive change for themselves and others in their communities. Founded in 2008, more than 500 MY LIFE meetings and events have taken place, inspiring thousands of youth and adults alike. Learn more about MY LIFE
“I am very thankful for Magellan. Without your help I’m not sure where I would be. Also, I know my son is getting the best possible care. Thank you.”
-Magellan of Virginia member
Magellan’s system-of-care model for children and youth
Magellan has a long-standing reputation as an innovator in the care and coordination of behavioral health services for children and adolescents. Our goal is to prevent and treat problematic behaviors and varying levels of mental illness, as well as to promote “positive mental health” in young people.
Dive deeper into our research-based model for serving children and youth, and learn about our industry-leading “Children’s Champion” initiative, which yielded a clinical monograph on the appropriate use of psychotropic medication, monitoring and education.
1 Magellan Healthcare SFY 2019-2020 QEN Annual Summary Report
2 Wyoming Department of Health 2020 Medicaid Report, Magellan of Wyoming 2020 Report
3 Magellan Behavioral Health of Pennsylvania 2015-2020 Provider TAPIS Report